UWH Australia are looking for a enthusiastic and driven individual to join the committee in the role of Communications Officer.
If you play or follow our favorite underwater sport, and have an interest in journalism, social media and public relations, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This role is suited to someone with experience in, or an aptitude to learn, the following skills:
- Website maintenance
- Writing Media Releases
- Social Media maintenance and monitoring
- Liaising with media and responding to enquiries
- Managing communications in and out of UHA
- Organising media and promotions around events
- Promotion of the sport
- Managing the portrayal of UHA brand
The applicant must should also demonstrate the following:
- Passion towards the sport underwater hockey
- Eagerness to learn and develop their communication skills
- High levels of self motivation
- Attention to detail
- Oraginsation and time management skills
Previous Communications Officer, Nina Barry Macaulay, commented on the benefits she has received during her time in the role.
"Volunteering as Communications Officer has provided me with a valuable set of PR and Communications experiences which I have been able to draw on in my professional career," Barry-Macaulay said.
"It has been an amazing experience, and I wouldn't have the job I have today if I didn't take up this opportunity. It's also been a really fun way to contribute to the success of this sport and be a part of the underwater hockey Australia community."
To apply for the position, send you resume and a short cover letter addressing the above dot points to UHA secretary, Kate Howard, at secretary [at] underwaterhockeyaustralia [dot] org [dot] au
Applications close 1 June 2017.